A visually appealing and durable option for businesses is a commercial metal roof. A variety of materials is utilized for metal roofing systems to protect your building and provide strength, flexibility, and reliability.
Advantages of Different Types of Metal Roofs
An ideal choice for commercial structures is a metal roofing system because it is sturdy and built to last a long time, and simple to install. Its capacity to resist rot and all forms of weather makes it an excellent alternative for all commercial roofing needs. Here are few types of metal roofing systems and their advantages.
- R-Panel. Because the easy installation of R-Panel metal roofs cuts down on disposal costs, time, and labor, they are the low-maintenance metal roofing option. They also come in a variety of colors that can change the appearance and curb appeal of the roof
- Corrugated. This classic metal roof once found only on shacks or older barns is now often galvanized to create a classic feel and used on retail establishments and restaurants. Additionally, fiberglass skylight panels blend superbly with a corrugated commercial metal roof.
- Standing Seam. The standing seam roofing system is a preferred metal roofing systems because the interlocking, tightly constructed panels provide more resistance to water and offers superior wind uplift protection. The watertight seal makes standing seam metal roofs excellent for a commercial metal roof that is exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- Vertical Seam Panel. The thru-fastened panels of a vertical seam metal roof have ribs running on the long-length panels from the ridge to the eave of the roof. Gasket screws fasten the panel into the roof decking.
- Snap Lock Panel. The most commonly installed standing seam roofing system is Snap Lock panels. After fastening the panels at the top, hidden clips along the sides of each panel support thermal expansion by securing them along the edges. Its long-lasting nature and cost-effective installation procedure make it the metal roofing most contractors recommend.
- Snap Batten. Vaulted, arched, or curved roofs benefit from this type of commercial metal roof. A hidden interlocking clip secures the batten strip and panel, also permitting thermal expansion. The Snap Batten metal roofing system resists wrinkling because of its curved design, creating excellent wind load performance.
The thermal soundness of a commercial metal roof helps businesses stay cooler in the warm months and warmer in the winter, resulting in lower energy costs regardless of which style you select. There are also a variety of tax credits and incentives as well as insurance discounts available for business owners.
Are you interested in learning more about metal roofing? Have a maintenance need? Interested in a new metal roof at your facility? Give Restructure Roofing & Contracting a call, at 214-234-2596.